Amber's BB's

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It's alive!!!




Ok, as I have previously stated, my hopes for this blog was to keep family and friends informed of our lives but turns out it's a lot harder than I thought to keep up with this thing. That is probably because I don't have a computer at home and so I use the one at the library and it takes some planning to get down there. Malina is now officially 20 lbs. and we upgraded her to a "convertable" car seat. Don't get excited, it's not as cool as it sounds; there is no reclining top and it is an ugly grey color (I guess I was hoping it would resemble the car that shares its namesake but it doesn't) The tough thing about this new car seat is that I have to physically unbuckle her in and out of it, which means I have to wake her up if she's sleeping; which is every time she rides in the car. This is kinda tricky in the morning since I leave for work at 5:15 am, and I don't want Malina getting in the habit of getting up at that time every day. Oh, in case anyone didn't know, I "work" for friends of ours babysitting their 2 kids, ages 3 & 4. It's nice to have a job where I can take Malina with me, I couldn't imagine putting her in a daycare......not because I wouldn't trust the people to do a good job but rather, then I would miss all the "first" things she did, all the cute stuff that gets lost in it's retelling, the "you just should've been there kind of thing". That is something I don't envy about Dave, with his normal, getting to talk like an adult job, he does miss out a little in that respect.

Speaking of Dave and his "grown up" job; also his dangerous job. Just last week he shot himself in the foot. Now, Dave is sorta clumsy by nature but this was more because of the poor conditions of the job he was working on. He went to the hospital and when they did the x-rays, they found the nail went straight thru a bone in his toe but it didn't shatter, just a straight clean hole. They also gave him an antibiotic and vicodin, or his "happy pill" as we call it. For the most part he just wouldn't rest his foot even though I strongly encouraged him to just relax; I think he referred to me as a "rest nazi". Well to say the least when he went back to work his foot was killing him and he couldn't take his vicodin because your not supposed to.

I am now 15 wks pregnant with "baby lo". Now that I am in my 2nd trimester, most of my morning sickness is gone (thank goodness) and I am feeling as close to normal as possible. I really do hate being pregnant. There I said it, go ahead tie me to a wooden stake and crucify me as the worst mother in the world! But you know what? I am probably not the only person who has ever felt that way and it's not like I started out with the notion that pregnancy is horrible. Actually, all of the magazines I read and all the people I talked to describred pregnancy as "a life changing experience", "the best I have ever felt", and (my favorite) "postively glowing". I admit my pregnancies are a life changing experiences but I certainly have felt better in my life and I have never once 'glowed'. There is very little I enjoy about the chaos that pregnancy wreaks on my mind, body and soul but, the one good thing there is seems to make all that seem trivial. And don't you know, just last week it happened. I felt the baby move! Most people would say that it isn't possible, that it's probably gas but I know the difference. I could feel Malina this early too. The funny thing about it is that although at this stage in the baby's development in my womb, baby lo has plenty of room to stretch out and do somersaults if he wants but, instead wants to go to the very corner of the womb and push.......like he is testing his boudaries. (already) That, is the only thing I enjoy about being pregnant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home