Amber's BB's

Saturday, March 03, 2007

*******A LONG TEN DAYS*******




One thing I have utterly NO TOLERANCE for is being in pain and/or sick. When I have either or both of these things I am rude, selfish, emotionally immature, and entirely focused on myself and feeling better. So, I do all that I can to avoid getting injured and staying healthy. Which I suppose is why I have never broken (or sprained) anything; rarely, if ever get sick; and certainly try my very best to be drugged during childbirth. (1 out of 2 aint bad)




Unfortunately children, on the other hand, are a breeding ground for germs; runny noses, drooling, hands in the mouth, eating stuff off the floor ( I didn't say "food", I said "stuff". Just becasue it's not edible doesn't mean Malina AND Ella won't try and eat it!)

Up until 10 days ago we had been pretty lucky. Ella hadn't been sick yet, and the worst thing Malina ever got was a "little too high fever"-once when she was 4 mo. old. But then, on Tuesday, on the way home from Little Gym Malina puked in her carseat and my 10 day l-o-n-g household ordeal of puke/worry/diarrhea/fever/no sleep/headache/bad cold began. First it started with Malina. Then, Ella got sick, more Malina, Dave came home early from work sick, more Malina and Ella, Ella going to the emergency room because she wouldn't stop puking, Dave again, then me, then little bit more Malina and a lot more Ella. I mean, the thing just wouldn't stop! Right when I thought Ella or Malina were over this monster flu, they would puke, have a nasty diaper, or get another fever.
Although some of the nice things about the babies being sick is that they were very snuggly and lovey. Ella by nature is a very lovey baby but Malina is not. If you want to sum my girls up with two words each they would be: for Ella "love me", and for Malina "entertain me". Not only was Malina more lovey but also much more clingy and insisted on doing what I did.


(NOTE: I am rather computer illiterate, and for some reason my pictures keep posting sideways. Which is fine, I suppose but my neck is starting to hurt. So if someone wants to tell me how to rotate them I wouldn't mind!)
Her favorite thing these past 10 days was to dress up in my apron or coat and walk around with her baby giving her pretend juice from her cup and pretend medicine from a dropper I had given her and then putting her baby to bed. Then she would bring her finger to her mouth as to say "shh baby sleeping, be quiet". Which is what I say to her when Ella takes a nap.
I would like to say I learned a valuable life lesson from these past ten days. That through the trials and tribulations of taking care of 3 simaltaneously sick people, I had a deeper understanding of life. But the only thing I learned was "don't get sick."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home